Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Making Valentines

I've taken time out to make a bunch of valentines. These are the ones for my grandchildren.
The note inside says something to the effect that I'm buggy about them.
It's my custom to incorporate photos of each of them and me. Initially I had included photos because I didn't want them to forget what I looked like. It's difficult to maintain a personal connection with very young children when they don't see you on a regular basis. There's no chance they'll forget me now, but I won't break the tradition. Their valentines are always "playable". These are fabric collage under tulle and quilted, then sewn to card stock.

12 comments:

Amy Munson said...

Love the cards. Growing up my mom would make us gifts for special holidays and milestones. One Easter each of us received a egg shaped pillow with our initial painted on the front and the tooth fariy always left her coins in a necklace pouch made of ribbon.

Kay said...

How cute those are! They'll cherish them.

ACey said...

Wow these are such an awesome spin on handmade valentines. Love it!!

Doreen G said...

What a fabulous idea Nellie and I'm sure that your Grandchildren will treasure them.

FARBTUPFER said...

They could be happy,
regards
Waltraud

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your valentines.

Grangry said...

These are gorgeous, and such fun!

Darcie said...

Perfect Valentine's cards! They're sure to create a few giggles in the lucky recipients!

jenclair said...

These are so great! I love that you find such creative ways to incorporate the pictures!

Teodo said...

Nice these Valentine's cards..........
Every years you do Valentine's cards?
ciao

Nellie's Needles said...

Yes, Teodo Linda. I make valentines every year for my 4 grandchildren and for my close friends and other family members. The photo in this post is of one of the 28 made for them.

Anonymous said...

What treasures for your grandchildren! They will save them forever and share them with their children.