Nellie"s Needles

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Greetings from Colorado

Whew! I finally feel caught up with myself. We've been here in the Rockies for a week and a half and I've finally found a place to get online.

Photo taken just outside our mountain cabin.

I hadn't posted for awhile because of our family reunion which took place at the cottage for a week. I'll post about that fun filled event later. There were four days between the end of the reunion and our leaving Michigan for Colorado ... four days to ready the cottage for our renters ... ARGH!

Well, anyway, here I am relaxed and quilting by the stream.
I'm working on the third piece in my "Sliced Quilt Series". The first was "Cicle 'round". You'll see that when I post about the wine reception for my work at Good Good's Gallery in Saugatuck, Michigan. This doesn't yet have a title. Those usually come to me near or even after completion. Here it is with just a few meandering rows of stitching. Sorry I didn't think to take the photo before I began quilting.
Here it is again after quite a few afternoons of stitching along side the stream.
On the back of it you can more easily all those meandering lines of quilt stitches. I find this "work" (play, really) to be very relaxing.

Most likely, I won't find another opportunity to post again until I get back to the cottage. We're headed to Jackson Hole, Wyoming next and then spending a few days in Milwaukee. That should be about the second week in August. Please do come back and check out what I have to say then.

All photos are clickable for you to view a larger version in a separate window. Click the back arrow icon of your server to get back to this post. The highlighted text is also clickable to take you to the link or posting that is being referenced.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an idyllic place to sit and stitch :o)

Elle said...

Ooo...pretty pieces! And the water looks so relaxing.

Finn said...

Hi Nellie, good to see you again..*VBS* And still a busy summer I see. I look forward to seeing more of your work after things quiet down a bit.
The spot by the stream looks heaven sent. I do love the sound of moving water and a gentle breeze. IF only we could put "time" in a bottle to open again later..*VBS* Hugs, Finn