Nellie"s Needles

Monday, November 02, 2009

Stitching In the Smoky Mountains

Every fall we spend a long weekend up in the Smoky Mountains with a group of friends.
Last year Judy and I transferred some of the colorful fall leaves to fabric. That can be read about here.
After that weekend last fall my piece of muslin imprinted with those leaves ended up in this art quilt. Go here to read about its creation.
It's what I took up there this year to work on
while enjoying the fall colors in that expansive view of the Smoky Mountains from the big porch that wraps around two sides of the house.

4 comments:

Kay said...

What a beautiful setting. I bet you're loving the chance to relax with some hand work, aren't you?

verobirdie said...

Oh, that looks like heaven! Enjoy the view!

Heather said...

What a wonderful location and a great way of transferring such beautiful inspiration directly onto fabric. Pounding flowers and leaves seems to be gaining in popularity - I must have a go myself.

Unknown said...

A beautiful place to sit and stitch! I can almost hear the wind rustling the leaves.