Nellie"s Needles

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Spirit Doll Party

Today our Thursday bee group had a "Spirit" party to reveal the finished spirit dolls. This included each of us contributing to a buffet of yummy things for lunch. The only spirits to drink were teas. Our dolls pinned to a display board was the center piece at the end of the buffet table
At some point I turned them around to take photos of their backsides.
Eight of us participated in this round robin of dressing and decorating individually made dolls from a pattern I had designed. One of them and her owner, Sandy, were unable to be there.

After lunch each of us presented our doll for discussion by the group. The thing that amazed me was that the completed spirit dolls reflected qualities of their owners. That shouldn't be surprising about those of us who have been long time members, but there were a couple of participants who are pretty new to the group. Each of these beauties speaks pretty loudly about their mistress.

Patty's doll
Tone's doll
Melissa's Doll
Judy's Doll
Deb's Doll
Louise's Doll
Nellie's Doll
I don't have red hair, but I've always wished I did. Tone who gave my doll the dyed cheese cloth locks did not know that about me.

Each of these dolls embody the creative spirit of all who have contributed to them. Mine needs one more contribution ... a name. Any ideas? If your suggested name is selected, it will be rewarded with a gift from my creativity.

12 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

I absolutely love each and every one of them. They rejuvenate my spirit in so many ways! But I must say, I thought you were a redhead. When I look at your photo that is always what I have seen. Your inner roots must just shine through ;)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There is no possible way I could pick a favourite because I really like them all!
As for a name..Fallah...because she reminds me of fall!
btw...I thought you were a redhead too!

Lynniemay said...

These are just lovely!!!

Dolores said...

I don't know why but Hannah sticks in my head when I look at her. They are all marvelous. What fun!

Heather said...

How about Sienna for your doll? It sounds slightly exotic to me. All the dolls are wonderful and so individual even though they are made from the same pattern. Well done to all the group and thankyou for sharing them with us.

Donna said...

They are all quite beautiful! I love how colorful they all are! How about Scarlet O'Spirit or Scarlet Lady for a name?

Kay said...

She looks very demure, Nellie. Is that the real you?

When you were a little girl, did you have a name you wished was yours? If so, you could call her that. (Mine was Mary--seems so weird to me now.)

Patty Ashworth said...

Mother Earth or spirit of earth. I think it's the color that makes me think of that. Patty

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Hi, your works are beautiful, warm greetings, Wanda

FredaB said...

How about Dottie for all the polka dots. They are all full of spirit.

Hugs

FredaB

Teodo said...

Nellie, these Spirit dolls are MERAVIGLIOSE. (amazing)
For the name....what do you think about CULCITA .
ciao ciao

Rinkly Rimes said...

I can't think what my doll would have looked-like if I'd made one! I'm cack-handed so it would have been disreputable! I write poetry. May I use one of your colourful doll-shots as the basis of a poem sometime, giving you full credit, of course?