The first fabric study* is complete...
There's a lot about it that I'm not happy with ... mainly that there's too much pastel work. Working in this small scale I find it difficult to make the fabric patterns and pieces "read" the way I want them to. Here's a photo taken of it earlier in the process ...
... before I got out the pastels ... before a lot of the middle and fore ground details were added.
Working through this first one has helped me to more clearly see the range of hues that I need to be gathering from my scrap bags. I'll again be going through those first two that these bits and pieces came from.
Here are the fabric and paper studies together.
I already see changes I want to make to the composition. There'll be time for another fabric study before we have house guests next week.
*The paper/pastel study is number one.