Nellie"s Needles

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Even More Hexagon Blocks

Another star block was decorated with a row of outline stitches to make a lacy edge...


I also edged another star block with a dense pattern of colonial knots...
Now I need to decide on the arrangement of my last set of hexagons in this series ...

Here's a peek at my design wall. One of those hexagon arrangements will replace the center one in the bottom row.
This is the direction I have in mind to go with my SoupCon Quilt Along piece. The framing fabric around the center square is rough cut and ready to be trimmed down, edges turned under and appliqued IF ...

4 comments:

Karen H said...

Gorgeous! I just love the direction you are going with this one and it is going to be spectacular when done! I don't know how you will decide which of the four arrangements to go with because they are all interesting, each in its own way. Well done Nellie!

Unknown said...

Stellar!)Watching the process is always inspiring. This is truly working for you; I'd be clueless :-)

bri68 said...

Congratulations your hexagones are fabulous !

Dolores said...

Theses are very beautiful. Love all the arrangements and the extra stitching. Thanks for sharing.