Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Collage Mania 2008 Contribution

Virginia Spiegel had put out a call for Fiber Art For A Cause, a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. All donated collage pieces will be auctioned Monday, May 5th. Here's my donation made in honor of my friend, Gayle Lowndes, who lost her battle with Cancer in early March of this year.

Hope - 10"x 8"
You may recognize the design elements from "Come With Me to the Kasbah". It is composed from the pre-quilted pieces that were not used in the large piece.

I also made an ATC for Julie who is presently adding her creativeness to my "Exquisite Corpse" piece. It is double sided.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Both are terrific pieces. I particularly like the piece for FAFC!

Anonymous said...

beautiful - i love the spirals

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your fabric art, Nellie.

Unknown said...

Love your piece for the FAFC! I just now read about the Exquisite Corpse round robin, too late to join but that does sound like a lot of fun. Will be looking forward to seeing these reveals! I am just in love with your colors and the spirals!!