Nellie"s Needles

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Couple of More Purses

This time I used one of those beautiful silk fabric samples for the background ...
Nellie's Purse #3
The purse is made from two textured synthetic fabrics chosen from a whole book of just green ones.  The fabrics in the clutch bag that I made (featured in the first of these posts) came from that book as well.  Alicia's purse #3 features one of those green samples, too.
Alicia's Purse #3
The velvet flap is from a book of just velvets ... all plain with no patterning.  You'll be seeing more of those.

I'm still struggling with titles for these beauties.  Any suggestions are, and will be appreciated.


5 comments:

Joyce said...

Your purse quilts are absolutely fantastic. I love the color choices. What fun to play with samples and "stuff".

p said...

you continue to put me in awe....

Heather said...

What fun you have both had choosing the fabrics for these purses - the colours are so lovely and subtle. Sorry, but I am hopeless at thinking up titles.

Rian said...

Nellie, these are WONDERFUL!

Mermaid's Purse said...

These are wonderful! I love the undulations in the fabric of no. 3 ........ the fabric does the talking!!