Nellie"s Needles

Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Mice

Making these chocolate mice has become a Christmas tradition for my grandson, Jennings, and me.
The process is a deliciously chocolate mess. They are double dipped.
We end up with whole nest of mice. Also, small nests of two to six mice get put together and delivered to special people.
These mice are chocolate dipped marachino cherries with chocolate kiss heads and slivered almond ears. Their eyes are a black gel frosting that comes in a small tube (purchased in the grocery store). They're fun and easy to make. The challenge is finding cherries with stems. If you're tempted to add these cuties to your holiday treats, be sure to drain and dry the cherries before dipping. Also, use a tempered chocolate (candy bars or chocolate meant for this purose) rather than chocolate chips so they don't end up spotted white.

I wish all of you a happy and peaceful holiday.

All photos are clickable for you to view a larger version in a separate window. Click the back arrow icon of your server to get back to this post. The highlighted text is also clickable to take you to the link or posting that is being referenced.

9 comments:

jenclair said...

These are absolutely the cutest things I've seen this year!

Deb R said...

Those are adorable! And very clever. :-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

Very sweet, in more ways than one. Merry Christmas!

Kay said...

These are wonderful! I wish I'd seen them earlier--maybe next year. Merry Christmas, Nellie.

Michele Bilyeu said...

You are an absolute chocolate delight artist in all ways! Not only are these little mice adorable but you display them with such a flair, besides! They are too cute to eat, but I am saving your directions, none the less!

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

I love the mice. I have a friend that makes these every year. Last year a whole group of us helped her make enough for the guild meeting. They are too cute!

Carol said...

Oh! my goodness these are so lovely. I don't eat chocolate myself preferring savoury things but my DH (a chocoholic) would love these I am sure.

Shelina said...

These are adorable. It is funny isn't it, that if I saw a real mouse, I wouldn't think so much about the adorable factor, but in chocolate it is absolutely delightful!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! these look yummy!