Nellie"s Needles

Thursday, October 25, 2007

International Artist's Day

October 25th every year has been selected as International Artist Day. This worldwide tribute honors and brings recognition to artists contributions made to civilization. Everyone around the world can do something special on this day to enhance the visual arts: take an artist to lunch, host an exhibition, buy a piece of art, attend a gallery show, visit a studio of your favorite artist.


My tribute is participation in the "Pay It Forward" (PIF) art share meme that is circulating. This involves giving art to the first three people who leave a comment on this posting. The first person will receive this small lake art quilt. It is a collage constructed of pieces from the first 50 quilts in my lake series.

Lake Series 50 1/2 (8"x 7")
The second and third people to comment will receive similar pieces made in the future from the second fifty quilts in this lake series. One of the stipulations of PIF is that it take place within one year.

The only thing that those of you who participate in this PIF meme have to do in return is "pay it forward" by making the same promise on your blog.

14 comments:

Amy Munson said...

Your lake series is fantastic.

Deb Lacativa said...

I've been watching your lake series unfold for a while now.I need to get the particulars on PIF for my own blog. Gotta link?

Nellie's Needles said...

I think Amy is in with the first post. That is if she chooses to participate in the PIF meme.

Deb has definitely declared her intention.

I'm leaving for the weekend up in the mountains. There is no internet service where I'll be, so I'll check back in on Sunday afternoon to see who's "playing" and sharing.

Karoda said...

oooooo, how great this is! i'm in and i'll PIF!

Darcie said...

Ooooh! Can I be the third...please?!? I love these PIFs! I had better get moving on my first set. (I only had two respond...so hopefully I will become more popular.)

I'll wait to hear from you before I actually make any promise on my blog...just in case. ;-)

Safe traveling, Nellie!

Darcie said...

OK. I need to read before sending, don't I. I see that you moderate your comments. I knew it was too good to be true! ;-) It was fun while it lasted. ;-)

Thanks for sharing your PIF!

arlee said...

It would be an honour to own one of your Lake works!
You make me look at "scraps" and strips a whole new way :}

McIrish Annie said...

Nellie, I will wait as long as you like for one of your beautiful pieces and agree to Pay it Forward on my blog.

p said...

damn
i was gone all day
i would have been on this list for sure :(

Beverly said...

I can't believe I made it, I'd definitely like to play!!

English Rose said...

If you can let me have the PIF details, I am in too.
Like Debbie, I have so enjoyed watching the lake series develop, and look forward to seeing where it goes from here. I am wondering if I am brave enough to have a go at making a lake style piece myself. congrats on reaching the 50th piece by the way.

Kay said...

Nellie, I would love to have one of your pieces! Nothing I would make can measure up, but I'll make the offer anyway. Thanks so much. And as Deb says, if there is a formal link for this, let me know. Otherwise I'll just post in a few days.

Unknown said...

I think this is a wonderful idea. I am not participating due to the time it seems to take for me to get something done! But one of these days Nellie, I hope to do a swap with you,postcard size.

Crystal said...

Ah, darn... the one week I miss reading your blog, I miss out on this offer! The piece is beautiful. I really love the Lake Series!