Nellie"s Needles

Friday, January 22, 2010

Bra Bags From a Bag of Bras

Do you remember this bag of voluptuousness from a post last April?It was the project my friend and I worked on while she visited from Milwaukee. They became Christmas presents. These were wrapped and under the tree waiting to be opened.
We called them "pin-up potpourri pouches" since we thought few of our friends would carry these suggestive beauties as evening bags.
The recipients came up with some other terms ... "boob bag" being one.
My favorite is "brapourri".
I wish I'd had my camera at the ready when each of them were opened.
All of the recipient's reactions were much like these two ... amazement, delight, awe that anyone put so much work into "this". There were even a couple who declared they would carry theirs as evening bags.
The one made for me by my friend hangs here in my studio.
The one I made for her hangs in her bedroom.

9 comments:

Beena said...

A bag made from one of mine would be large enough to pack clothes for an entire weekend! (wink) Samsonite's got nothing on me! (LOL)

It's hard to believe that some of these pictured started form bras! From the very whimsical to the very elegant.

Pam said...

Love them so much Nellie! They all look totally fabulous!
I actually used to make them myself a couple of years ago, trying to sell them at our local markets but I think I only sold one.
Never thought of using them for potpourri though. Great idea. :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

These are wonderful! I wish there had been a movie camera recording the reactions when they figured out what they were.
ps. reminds me of the slippers you made a year or so ago!!

p said...

ahhhhahhhhahhha
wow. just think if you used one of my bras your bag would hold very little...hope these were all D or G cups! you are so creative, sometimes it isn't even funny :)

Merry said...

How clever...each of these a very special. Love the term Boob Bag.

Heather said...

They are all gorgeous Nellie. I shall have to start wearing more glamourous bras!! What a great idea.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

How cute! and great embellishments

Julie said...

I don't think I'll ever throw a bra away again! What a great idea, they're beautiful! Mine would make a rather small coin purse. lol

Bunny said...

They are wonderful, very creative. I am sure everyone loved receiving them. Love creativity.