Nellie"s Needles

Friday, January 29, 2010

"I'm All about Color"

Color ......

I'm All About Color (13"x 17")
Color ...... Color is a prime element in my work ...... there is no Color that I don't like ...... my world is full of Color!

This piece began with a picture taken by the camera built into my computer. This point of view seemed appropriate for my self-portrait since my husband claims I spend so much time on the computer. He often sees me peering up over my glasses and the screen to acknowledge his presence ... or interruption.

Go to the "Interpret This" blog for the whole story. This morning is my turn to reveal all about how I interpreted the self-portrait challenge for January. If you haven't read the posts of the members who've already revealed their portraits, scroll down beyond mine to do so. Also, there will be a new reveal every half day through Sunday.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Nellie!! It is You! Love the colors,the orts, and the Mona Lisa smile!!

Merry said...

oh wow..you are so clever.

Juanita said...

Loved the self-portrait and learning about your process of making it. How fun.

sophie said...

I always imagine that the view of me, peering over my glasses, is the me my quilts see as I work on them.

Your self-portrait is lovely.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Love how you created the background. What a great self portrait.

Heather said...

Your portrait is wonderful Nellie and you use colour so well. It is a special skill to understand how colours relate and react with one another - it's one I strive for but don't always achieve.

Vicki W said...

Fabulous!

June Calender said...

I'm in awe -- portrait and background. Wonderful.

arlee said...

well done, Blossom :} Yep, that look is probably a few of us--especially with interruptions lol

Angie said...

Clever Nellie! This project turned out wonderful! Thank you for sharing the process. It's great!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful Nellie!

Digitalgran said...

That's a great self portrait Nellie!
I love colour too, but I rarely use blue or green, but I will use both together! Strange.

Elaine Adair said...

LOVE the self portrait - and all the colors floating, stirring, spinning about your head!

VERY sorry about that ice! Yuck! We managed to miss that storm and the previous one.

Susan Elliott said...

I LOVE this self portrait. I'm heading over to the other blog to read the story...

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I enjoyed reading about the process but I'm wondering...is Elvis hidden in there somewhere? Thanks for sharing...Kathy