Nellie"s Needles

Friday, January 28, 2011

Unusually Shaped Quilts

The Quilting Gallery Blog has weekly exhibitions of themed quilts submitted by readers.  This week's theme is "Unusually Shaped Quilts".  I entered this one ...

Marriage - 24" x 38"

This piece was made to celebrate the union of marriage between my nephew and his bride in the year 2000. Two shapes join together, yet each retains its identity. However, a new shape, patterning and coloration is created where they intersect. The technique is reverse applique through as many as ten layers of fabric.  It is mounted on a foam core board cut to the quilts shape.

Click on over to the Quilting Gallery see all 17 entries submitted from 5 countries that includes 3 provinces and 6 states.  Be sure to cast a  vote for your favorite quilt before Sunday at 11:59PM.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

would love to see this! What an amazing quilt!!

Colleen Kole said...

Oh my goodness. Reverse applique-you never cease to amaze me!

dióhéj said...

Wow! Impressive.

Heather said...

This is stunning Nellie and such a clever design. I'm sure your nephew and his wife treasure it.

Helena said...

I voted already ( for your wonderful work).
let's vote everyone!!!

arlee said...

awesome Nellie---what a wonderful interpretation

KathyE said...

Nellie, I love this quilt. It is very innovative and I voted for it yesterday.