Nellie"s Needles

Friday, May 28, 2010

Spring Bouquet - May "IT" Challenge

Spring Bouquet (13"x 17")

The "Interpret This" challenge photo for May was chosen by Libby of Creative Endeavors.
 My interpretation of Libby's photo is limited to the end of one branch.
Those blossoms were "virtually picked and arranged" in one of my favorite vases ... a water globe.

The decisions I made and how I constructed my interpretation is revealed on Interpret This.  I'm one of the last members of the group to post.  So while you're there, check out the preceding interpretations for this photograph of a full blossomed tree in a park on a beautiful spring day.

9 comments:

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

Nellie, your work is beautiful. Congrats on being published too. I live in Maryville so we are almost neighbors. Hope to run into you someday (not literally). Diane

Julie said...

I love your interpretation Nellie and the plastic was inspired! :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Heather said...

That cherry blossom is gorgeous and your interpretation is so clever Nellie.

June Calender said...

What a fascinating idea you had -- I haven't seen any other quilt that truly tries to show something in a glass ball and makes the glass seem real -- that's very hard with paints but with fabric it's amazing.

FredaB said...

This is amazing how you did this Nellie. It looks so real. You did a wonderful job.

Hugs

FredaB

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love the dimension you took your quilt too! Very clever you are Nellie! congrats on the fiber arts!!

Judy Hartman said...

I think your "Spring Bouquet" is a beautiful piece of artwork - a unique take on the photograph!
Also, I just opened my new Fiber Arts magazine and saw you and your amazing Prairie Performance. Yes, I think a full length article would have been nice!

Susan Elliott said...

J'adore!!!!

It's absolutely stunning..I'm off to read your post....