Nellie"s Needles

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Sledding in Oak Park

It's winter wonderland here in the Chicago area. Our younger son's family has gotten me out and about in it ... and boy do my fingers and toes get cold.
My extreme digits turned almost as white as the snow at the sled hill.
This is a gentle hill for young children in a city park.
For the most part, parents stand at the top to get the kids situated on their sleds and off to a good start with a gentle push.
My hands warmed up around a mug of hot chocolate with marsh mellows when we got home. Now if there were only something comparable to have warmed my toes.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I guess you should have been running up and down the hill with the kids to keep warm! Lol. Our kids spent time sliding here on NYE too. We are lucky enough to have a bit of a hill right outside our door so we can watch them slide from the comfort of our kitchen with a nice hot coffee in hand.

Kay said...

It's beautiful, isn't it? But even colder today, apparently.

Beverly said...

Having spent eight years living in the Chicagoland area, I know all to well about the cold there. Snowy winters in Utah are a cakewalk compared to Chicago winters! But it looks like you had fun with the grandkids.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you use the threads and snippets from my dyepots when you get home. Happy New Year!

Caron said...

That looks like it was fun! I have a friend who teases me that the art quilts I make are only big enough to warm his toes. A warm cup of cocoa for your hands, and 10 strategically placed art quilts for cold toes

jenclair said...

What postcard perfect scenes! But, oh, the chill... Much more fun for the very young, unless you are inside with the hot chocolate.